"CAT TALES"

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Bob is Lost....................by Diane Ogden

My Granddaughter spent the night with me.
                                                          Swangin 'on the porch swing with "Non".

Before I took my Granddaughter back to meet her Mother I gathered up her things and put them in the carrying cart to be taken downstairs to the SUV.  That was 10:30 a.m.  We met her Mom and said our goodbyes with generous kisses and hugs. 

Gracie Allen Ogden, the 6lb. Chihauhau Pom mix, and I drove back home, took care of some laundry, sat down at the computer to handle some business when I realized I had not seen Bob for some time.  In fact it was 1:30p.m.  I got up with an impending fear starting to circle my body like it does Lucy cat all the time.  Think its called Anxiety.....   I started calling for him in every room.  Looking under tables and on chairs.   Then checked the porch to see if I left him outside by accident.  Nothing Nadda.   I started to cry for some reason other than no reason.  At that point there were several situations taking shape in my head.  I was like someone on an airplane who had the pilot tied up, a bomb in the bathroom, fires in both engines, and the ocean below.  Yup it was that bad.   I grabbed copy paper, a scripto marker and set to work.  

I made signs for every entrance, the elevator and every exit. 

Then my neighbor came walking down the hall to get her mail....   She asked what was I doing.   I told  her BOB WAS MISSING.  So we checked all the floors, outside in the bushes, downstairs in parking and the garbage bins in case some sicko threw Bob in there.  Told you my mind was in overdrive.  Or underdrive whichever way you look at it.  Half full/half empty, whatever. Plus I called the office and they put a Bob Lost sign on the office door.

The neighbor then said he must be in your apartment.  I told her I had been calling him for a long time. He always comes when I call him.  She went under my bed (OMG )  And under sofa, then she opened the coat closet by the front door.  Bob sort of plopped out the door.  The closet is so full there was no where for him to go in there for all those hours.  I had opened it before I left with my Granddaughter.  Poor Bob had been in that small space for three plus hours.  Why, I felt like I had left my kid in a hot car.  He had to be somewhat deprived of oxygen for pity sakes.   Then he just got up and trotted off like nothing ever happened.   

He didn't meow when I called his name because he doesn't have much of a voice.   The vet suspects someone or something hurt his vocal cords in the past as his meow is very weak. 
The entire ordeal seems to have left him exhausted.  I surely hope he wont be marked for life!  (drama added for effect)

Allswell that ends well.  But let me say I was off the charts scared I lost my snuggler with the amazing personality. 


More Cat Tales or is it Tails....later

No comments:

Post a Comment